Camp Lincoln, also known as Long’s Camp, Fort Long, Lincoln’s Fort, or Fort Lincoln, was a United States military post, established June 13, 1862 to keep peace between the Tolowa Indians and the miners and settlers of the Smith River valley. The post was abandoned on June 11, 1869. The structure that housed the Commanding Officers has been rebuilt on the site. The building is owned and managed by California Department of Parks and Recreation.
Detailed historical information can be obtained at http://www.militarymuseum.org/CpLincoln.html
TO GET THERE: From Crescent City, California, take U.S. 199 northeast, turn left at Kings Valley Road (marked). The Fort site is about two miles, on the right hand side.
Time Period Represented: 1860s
Hours Open: buildings not open to the public
For More Information, Contact:
1111 2nd St., Crescent City, CA 95531