Mendocino is a natural center for healing. For generations, people have come for its breathtaking natural beauty and the powerful energy and resources for wellness that energize people to renew their lives.
We began offering health supporting therapeutic massage and yoga in 1991. In 1996, Jack Schwarz a founder of the human potential movement brought Aletheia Institute to the Inn . Jack was a healer, philosopher, naturopath, and educator who sought the integration of body, brain/mind and spirit. Jack retired in 1999 and since then we have sought to provide residents and our guests a central base for all things oriented to wellness, working with the best minds and talent in Mendocino.
Mendocino Center for Well Being at the Stanford Inn by the Sea is the working name for this group of local practitioners of life enhancing programs: tai chi, Chinese herbology, breath work, art experience, acupuncture, yoga, energy medicine, massage, and much more. We offer six areas of experience:
* Chinese Practices, herbal consulting and acupuncture
* Art Experiences – Non-judgmental art playshops
* Nature Experiences including seasonal foraging hikes for mushrooms, seaweeds and medicinal and culinary herbs and plantts
* Group and Private lessons in Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong and Kundalini
* Massage in the Forest featuring therapeutic massage and facials with YonKa organic products
Hours Open: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Seasons Open: All Year
ADA Accessibility Notes
Use natural and organic products. Emphasis of health supportive activities and products
Locally or Family Owned Business
For More Information, Contact: